Thursday, September 1, 2011

Madden NFL 12 Review

Genre: Sports  Platforms: PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, PSP.

The next game in the classic football game series is here. Does it live up to it's name?

Introduction
No El Shaddai for you! Go look it up on Gamespot or something if you are that desperate. Ok, now that is out of the way, I need to clarify something: I am not a Sports fan. I hate them all, so I may not be the best person to review this game. I don't know my Softballs from my Hardballs (maybe that wasn't the best way to say that...)

Ok, so it is the 12th (I am guessing) game in the series. There are a few rule changes to the game and some graphical improvements from last year, but other than that, the game is very similar. The soundtrack is updated as well, and includes everything from Snoop Dog to David Rush. Too bad I hate them all... The two most surprising things about this game is the lack of motion controls (which is brilliant!) and the platform list. Apparently it comes out on Playstation 2's as well. Hmm. This may be the first PS2 game in over a year.

The Review
The game is alright, but I might not reccomend it. There are some graphical improvements from last year, like less blocky faces and more realistic scenery and stadiums. There are also some new camera work to make it feel more like you are watching football on TV. The tackling system has been improved to feel more fun and be more realistic. I love tackling! The game is still pretty fun after all these yearly editions as well, especially if you give a damn about football.

The game has chosen bad commentators though. Not only is their voice acting bad, but they seem to enjoy blurting out things that don't make any sense. "Jimmy passes it to Brian! Oh, touchdown! These guys love fooling around!" the commentator would state. The game also has some weird quirks and bugs, such as a the game randomly choosing things to replay that should have been ignored, like a guy catching a football from 10 feet away. Oh, the skill! The psychics are screwed up as well, since it seems the football always defies gravity. The biggest problem with the game though, is that the game feels to similar to the other games in the series, so if you own the other games, I wouldn't buy this one.

Highlights
The Good: There are some graphical improvements, the tackling system is improved, and the game is still pretty fun.

The Bad: The commentators are dumb and sound weird, the game feels too similar to the other games in the series and there are some weird glitches as well.

The Result: I give it 3.5 out of 5.


1 comment:

  1. It takes PlаyЅtation foг you to dance
    гofl =)

    Lοοκ at my sitе Sony PSP-1000

    ReplyDelete